






There is supposed to be more pink in this flower.

--These are 8 of 35 photos that will be in my book--
Artist Statement:
This book exists because two crazy people, who I call my parents, moved to Ecuador, a country I could not have pointed out on a map. The experiences I've had, the relationships I've built, and places I have seen will shape who I am for the rest of my life. If I can show just an ounce of the value I have found living in this country, I will be happy. The extreme geographical differences are great subjects to show some of the physical and cultural diversity of Ecuador.
These pictures are a sequence taken from the city of Quito, to a town named Tena in the Jungle. I have taken this drive many times, and every time I cannot believe how many eco systems and beautiful things I pass. In a three-hour drive there are bare grassy mountains, pointed volcano peaks, low foliage with palm trees jutting out, the jungle, and a few different steps in-between. I have added text to share what I think of when seeing these images, and to perhaps point out something that was not seen.
These are digital prints that I worked with in Photoshop.

5 comments:
I like the pictures and the idea. Especially the one with dark clouds and towers becasue it's so abstract. Maybe images of a more in-between state of city and jungle would be a strong link between the two places
I like the contrast between the beauty of the jungle and then the different view of landscape within the city. It would be interesting of you had an image that had both aspects.
i love these! as soon as i was looking at them i was like WHOA. it makes me want to travel!
Meg the first photo is great. The perspective your at is powerful and the contrast between the city and landscape is visually pleasing to my eye:)
that first one is my new wallpaper. quite an honor.
Post a Comment